Memberships and Consortia
Local and national partnerships augment UH Libraries’ collections and services and expand the research environment for faculty and students.
Consortia, common in the academic library world, provide access to cost-effective cooperative purchases of licensed resources as well as expedited resource sharing.
UH Libraries has many national, state, and local memberships and belongs to multiple consortia.
- American Library Association (ALA)
- ArchivesSpace – Charter Member
- Association of College & Research Libraries (ACRL)
- Association of Research Libraries (ARL)
- Center for Research Libraries (CRL)
- Coalition for Networked Information (CNI)
- Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR)
- Digital Library Federation (DLF)
- ExLibris Users of North America (ELUNA)
- Greater Western Library Alliance (GWLA)
- Houston Academy of Medicine – Texas Medical Center (HAM-TMC)
- Innovative Users Group (IUG)
- International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA)
- National Digital Stewardship Alliance (NDSA)
- Scholarly Publishing and Academic Resources Coalition (SPARC)
- Technical Report Archive & Image Repository (TRAIL)
- Texas Council on Academic Libraries (TCAL)
- Texas Digital Library (TDL) – Founding Member
- Texas Library Association (TLA)