Digital Initiatives Policies and Guidelines
The UH Libraries Digital Initiatives Policies and Guidelines (DIPG) compiles documentation related to the creation, management, dissemination, and preservation of digital objects cared for by the Libraries. The DIPG addresses issues and topics related to content ingested into multiple digital repositories managed by UH Libraries in collaboration with outside stakeholders, including the Texas Digital Library and HathiTrust.
- Digital Preservation Policy: addresses policies and procedures regarding the selection, storage, and longterm maintenance of digital objects in UH LIbraries’ repositories. The policy articulates storage information for two storage location:
- Digital Collections Development Policy: addresses selection criteria for the various digital repositories managed by UH Libraries in collaboration with outside stakeholders, including the Texas Digital Library and HathiTrust
- Copyright Policy: addresses policies and procedures regarding digital repository copyright and fair use practices as well as risk assessment documentation (currently in development).
- Takedown Policy: addresses policies and procedures for requests to have items removed from a digital repository due to copyright or privacy claims (currently in development).
- Reappraisal Guidelines: addresses frameworks for analyzing existing collections and making recommendations on their status within a repository (currently in development).
- Digitization for Preservation Policy: addresses policies that govern the process of digitizing analog materials for longterm preservation purposes (currently in development).
DIPG content is maintained by the Digital Collection Management Committee (DCMC) in cooperation with the Digital Preservation Task Force, the Copyright Team, Special Collections, Branch Libraries, Metadata and Digitization Services, and Digital Repository Services. DCMC will review and update the DIGP document on an annual basis. Individual policies that comprise the DIPG may also be updated on an as-needed basis.
Questions related to the DIPG and the policies contained within it should be directed to Santi Thompson, Head of Digital Repository Services.Get Adobe® Reader®