K-12 School Visitors
UH Libraries is happy to work with local schools, institutions, and youth groups for tours and library instruction.
How to request a visit
Fill out the request a K-12 visit form. Libraries staff will contact you within 2 business days.
- Please submit requests at least 3 weeks in advance
- For full-day visits, we recommend submitting a request at least 2 months in advance. This ensures we can fill the request
What we offer
|Library Tours||Library Classroom Instruction|
We can offer library computer use as well as library spaces for other types of visits as well. Please note any special requests on our K-12 visit request form.
Planning your visit
Parking on campus
- For bus parking, please contact Parking and Transportation Services at 832-842-1097
- Visit the UH Parking and Transportation Services site for more information
- WiFi is available for visitors using the UHWireless network. See uh.edu/wifi for more information
- K-12 students are welcome to access online articles from within the Libraries. There is no access outside of the Libraries. See our electronic resource access policy for more information
- Teachers and students must follow the University’s policy for general computing
Checking out items
- Visitors must have an accepted outside borrower’s card to borrow items from UH Libraries
- TexShare cards are recommended for students
Printing & copying
- Students can print from inside the classroom only
- Students can scan items for free using a flashdrive or any email address
- Visitors are not able to make copies with library copiers