EZproxy Moving to Azure Active Directory Authentication
University of Houston Libraries Technology Services is planning to change how users log into EZproxy on January 9, 2023, at 7 am. CougarNet Active Directory Domain authentication will change to the University’s Office 365-based Azure Active Directory authentication.
These changes will serve to:
- Simplify our authentication infrastructure
- Create documented authentication configurations and procedures
- Provide uniform user experience across library web applications
- Align our authentication services with those used by University Information Technology (UIT) and other colleges
- Take advantage of the high availability of Azure AD’s cloud-based service
- Take advantage of DUO two-factor authentication services (2FA) to improve account security
- Future-proof our services as more UIT infrastructure and services and move to the Cloud
- Allow single sign-on (SSO) to other Azure AD configured web services
After the change is made, users will be prompted to enter their CougarNet ID (Cougarnetid@cougarnet.uh.edu) into the same authentication window (see below) that they currently see when they log into web services like Access UH, Primo My Account, and Office 365.