Julie Grob, curator and coordinator for instruction in University of Houston Libraries Special Collections, recently hosted an open house for visitors to view rare and interesting recent acquisitions to the Rare Books Collections, including:
- A signed early edition of The Yellow Wallpaper by Charlotte Perkins Gilman
- An impressive facsimile of the Book of Kells
- Several early books by Mexican/Mexican-American writers in the US
- A multi-volume History of Woman Suffrage inscribed by Susan B. Anthony
- A rare, fragile book of biographies and photographs of Black Texans from 1940
On-site access to Special Collections is by appointment only. Researchers are encouraged to contact our curators with questions and requests.