Interlibrary Loan Terms of Service
- We promise to make every reasonable attempt to locate and obtain the material you have requested through interlibrary loan in a timely manner.
- We promise to provide you with excellent, friendly customer service.
- You promise to take care of the materials we borrow from other libraries on your behalf. You will be held financially responsible if your ILL materials are lost, damaged or stolen. You will not write in (not even in pencil), tear out pages from, or otherwise damage the materials borrowed for you.
- You promise to return your materials by their due dates, or to request a renewal in a timely manner. Repeated failure to return materials on-time may result in suspension of your ILL privileges and/or charges added to your fee bill.
- Items on course reserves cannot be requested through ILL. You promise not to request textbooks or other course materials available through library course reserves.
- You promise not to abuse the system by placing multiple duplicate requests, requesting material you know to be available through course reserves, or otherwise attempting to get around the proscribed limitations of the service.
WARNING CONCERNING COPYRIGHT RESTRICTIONS
The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted materials.
Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a photocopy or other reproduction. One of these specified conditions is that the photocopy or reproduction is not to be “used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research”. If a user makes a request for, or later uses, a photocopy or reproduction for purposes in excess of “fair use”, that user may be liable for copyright infringement.
This institution reserves the right to refuse to accept a copying order if, in its judgment, fulfillment of the order would involve violation of copyright law.
When you created your ILL account, you acknowledged and agreed to abide by all of the items listed in the “Your Responsibilities” section above and to comply with US Copyright law.
Failure to comply with one or more of these responsibilities may result in the suspension or termination of your ILL privileges, or in fees posted to your library and/or University PeopleSoft account.