Conduct Your Research
Conduct biometrics research using iMotions by scheduling a research consultation.
Data wrangling and manipulation
Clean and restructure research data using OpenRefine or R.
Create maps and conduct analysis on researcher data
Data analysis and visualization
Access data analysis and visualization software, including:
- Microsoft Excel – statistical analysis, visualization
- SPSS – statistical analysis, data management
- Tableau – data visualization
- ArcMap – geospatial mapping
- ArcGIS Online – online mapping
- R and R Studio – quantitative and qualitative analysis
- OpenRefine – data cleaning
- Voyant – text analysis
- HathiTrust Research Center – text analysis of HTDL content
- Python – programming language, scripting
- nVivo – qualitative analysis
- Network analysis
For help accessing or using any of these tools, or on data visualization strategies, schedule a data visualization consultation.
Data handling and storage
Care for your data throughout your project, from version control, to security, to back-ups.
- Data handling guidance for UH researchers
- Remote data access and handling guidance for virtual work needs
- Schedule a research consultation on data handling or storage
- Request a workshop for a research team or a class on handling data
Metadata creation and management
Apply metadata standards, controlled vocabularies, and metadata ontology to annotate and index research output.