The University of Houston Libraries provides computers and other equipment to assist students, faculty and staff with disabilities.
Use our Accessibility Help form to suggest ways we can improve access for all.
There are 6 computers in the Academic Research Center (ARC) equipped with assistive technology.
- 22 inch wide monitors with removable privacy films
- Adjustable-height desks
- ZoomText (software for screen magnification)
- Dragon Naturally Speaking speech-to-text software
Additional equipment is available in the assistive technology suite, known as the ADA Suite, 106-D in MD Anderson Library, in the rear of the ARC.
- Three Optelec Spectrum text magnifiers with variable color for text and background
- Computer terminal with wide-screen monitor and CougarNet access.
- Kurzweil 1000 software and scanner
Staff at the Service Desk will retrieve library materials for users with disabilities. Call Shelving Services at 713-743-9735 or email Jacob Honey at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Contact us or call the Service Desk at 713-743-1050 for any other access questions.