Faculty Delivery Service
- Faculty can have library materials sent directly to their department mailboxes
- All faculty in all departments are eligible for this free service
- Items are delivered within 2 business days in most cases
- Graduate students are not eligible for faculty delivery. We are unable to send faculty deliveries to off-campus locations.
Faculty delivery for UH items
Items owned by UH Libraries can be requested in library search.
- Select any catalog item in your results: A book, DVD, other any other holding
- A panel will load showing more options
- Go to the “Get It” section of the panel
- Select “Sign-in” and use CougarNet if you haven’t already done so
- If there are multiple locations for the item, select the one you prefer
- Select “Request”
- Select “Faculty Delivery” under Pickup Location
- Select the Request button
Faculty delivery for interlibrary loan (ILL) items
To request an ILL item for faculty delivery, please change your default delivery location:
- Log-in to ILL
- If you are a first time ILL user, please register your ILL account. A CougarNet account and UH email address are required
- Under Tools, select “Change User Information”
- Under Delivery Location, select “Faculty Delivery”
Once you’ve submitted the change, all ILL items you request will be forwarded to your department mailbox.
Once the ILL department receives your item, it will be delivered to the mailbox within 2 business days.
Place borrowed materials in your departmental return boxes to return them. All materials, including ILL items, can be returned this way.
If your department does not have a return box, you can return your item to any campus library or in any book drop on campus.
If you’d like to have a return box added to your department, or have any questions, please contact us!
Interlibrary Loan department