There are two ways to print in the library from your device:
- Install the library printers onto the device (black-and-white only)
- Printing with email
Visit the Technology Consultation Room in MD Anderson Library or call the TCR at 713-743-2696.
Installing library printers onto your device
Download the packages below to print in black-and-white.
Download printer package for Windows (exe, 2.2mb)
Running the package will install a new printer named “Public Printer” to your computer that can be used to release print jobs from any black-and-white library printer.
Download printer package for Mac (zip, 760kb)
Then follow these steps:
- Extract the zip file
- Run “Popup.pkg” to install Pharos to your machine
- Go to “Printers & Scanners” in your System Preferences
- Click the + icon to add a printer, and select “Advanced.”
- You may need to customize the toolbar to see the Advanced option
- Right-click the toolbar to customize it
- Under Advanced, input the following settings:
Type: Pharos Print Server
Name: Library Black & White
Use: Generic PostScript Printer
There should be a new printer named “Library Black & White” on your computer that can be used to release print jobs from any black-and-white library printer.
Printing with email
You can print with email in black-and-white and in color.
Attach your document to an email and send to the proper email address.
An email confirmation will be sent when your documents are ready for release.
If you are a first-time user, an email will be sent to you with a link to register your CougarNet account before printing.
Email print jobs are released in the Express Printing Station in MD Anderson, across from the Service Desk.
Supported file formats for mobile printing are .pdf, .doc, .dot, .docx, .rtf, .eml, .xls, .xlt, .xlsx, .csv, .ppt, .pptx, .pptm, .htm, .html, .mht, .txt.