To support UH’s teaching and research priorities, the UH Libraries make cancellation, renewal, and purchasing decisions holistically, based on information about resources and their use. Decisions are usually made based on one or more of the following criteria:
- Cost: The cost and price history of the resource
- Usage: Past usage of the resource by the UH community to support research and instruction needs. Usage measured varies by resource. Usage might be article downloads, streaming counts, etc.
- Cost per Use: Total cost divided by usage. We compare this with costs to obtain the materials by other means such as interlibrary loan. CPU benchmarks vary by subject matter and use case.
- Overlap: Significant content overlap with other Libraries resources
- Vendor and vendor performance: We consider historical access issues, user experience, and licensing policies, etc.
Below is an interactive, real-time listing of our collections cancellations. Unless specified, access to the following resources ends on the first of the month posted below. While we may no longer be entitled to access, due to differences in vendor workflows and exact subscription start /stop dates, access may continue beyond the first but should not be relied upon.
We encourage everyone to contact us at email@example.com with questions, concerns, and feedback, and to keep us up to date on research priorities and shifting needs in areas that we might be unaware of.