MD Anderson Library
MD Anderson Library welcomes tabling inquiries from University of Houston departments and registered student organizations about services and resources that pertain to the advancement of student success and nationally competitive research. Requests must be in alignment with the mission of the University and Libraries.
“Tabling” refers to a UH department or registered student organization hosting a staffed outreach event within the MD Anderson Library 24 Hour Lounge for the purpose of distributing information and/or the sale of food for fundraising purposes. Tabling in MD Anderson Library is subject to the approval of the Office of the Dean of Libraries and must be pre-approved.
Upon arrival, show your approval email at the MD Anderson Library Service Desk to receive your table location and a table.
Examples of UH departments/groups that have tabled in MD Anderson Library include the Student Health Center and Campus Pharmacy, Enrollment Services, Staff Council, and Auxiliary Services.
- The tabling event’s primary purpose is to raise awareness of services and resources that are available to all UH students, faculty, and staff.
- Tabling hosts must adhere to the Libraries Code of Conduct.
- If food sales are requested, you are required to check in at the Service Desk with an approved campus food dealer permit.
- Requests will not be considered for days that MD Anderson Library/University of Houston is closed.
- Tabling and display materials may not block any entrance, walkway, or fire exit.
- If you are bringing your own table and chairs, a maximum of two tables are permitted and they must not exceed 30 x 60 inches.
- At least one table host must be present throughout the entire time the table is in place.
- No display materials may be attached to any wall. Signage may be placed on or next to the table. Requests may be denied for any reason, including but not limited to timing in the academic year, scope of event, low or limited Libraries staff to support the tabling set-up, security concerns, facility closures/limitations, or failure to comply with these policies.
For external groups not affiliated with UH, contact email@example.com.