Group Study Room Policy
MD Anderson Library
The study rooms in MD Anderson Library are highly used and popular. The following policies are in place so that everyone may use them.At all times
- One member of a group must be present at the desk to check out room keys. For reserved rooms, this must be the group member who created the reservation
- Reserved rooms are held for up to 15 minutes after the beginning of the reservation. After this period, reservations may be canceled to make room for another group
- Groups in study rooms are expected to abide by the Libraries Code of Conduct
- Drinks are allowed in approved containers. Food is allowed; please help us keep the library clean and dispose of trash in the proper receptacles
- If a group breaks a policy or refuses to abide by the Code of Conduct, they will be asked to leave the room
- If a group breaks policies repeatedly, further disciplinary actions may occur
Peak hours are Monday – Thursday, 7am – 9pm
- At least 3 users should be in the room for the majority of the checkout period
- If there are less than 3 users in the room for 30 minutes or more, users should vacate the room and return the key to the Service Desk to allow other groups access to the room
- Your group is limited to 4 hours in total per day during peak hours
Off-peak hours are all day Friday – Sunday
- At least 2 users should be in the room for the majority of the checkout period
- If there are less than 2 users in the room for 30 minutes or more, users should vacate the room and return the key to the Service Desk to allow other groups access to the room
- Groups may renew study room once during off-peak hours, or they may check out a new room if the current room is reserved
All group study rooms are first-come, first-served during finals periods for groups of 3 or more students.
Health Sciences Library
The following policies are in place for group rooms in the Health Sciences Library:
- Room capacity is 2-6 people.
- At least 2 members of the group are needed to check out the room.
- You may reserve a room for up to 2 hours per day.
- You may renew the room for up to 2 more hours per day, pending availability.
- All checked out items must be returned to the service desk before leaving.
- Overdue fines are $3 per hour, per checked-out item
- If you are more than 15 minutes late, your reservation will be canceled.
The following policies are in place for Beta Space in the Music Library:
- Groups of 2-8 may reserve the room for up to 2 hours per day max
- At least 2 members of the group are needed to check out the room
- All checked out items must be returned to the service desk before leaving
- No food or drink is permitted. You may bring in water in an enclosed container
- Groups cannot renew reservations past 2 hours. Groups cannot create new reservations under different names
- If you are more than 15 minutes late, your reservation will be canceled
- The window blinds must be kept open at all times