Individual Study Carrels
COVID-19: A limited number of lockable and keyless study carrels are available. Contact Us for more information.
There are over 150 carrels for individual study in MD Anderson Library.
Additional rooms are available for faculty study.
Blue Wing carrels
Both four-hour use and open carrels are available in the Blue Wing of MD Anderson Library.
Four-hour use carrels
- Four-hour carrels on floors 3 through 4 require a key. Keys are available at the Service Desk. A valid Cougar Card is required
- Four hours maximum check out for keyed rooms
- There is a 30 minute waiting period to check out another key on the same day
- 45 available
- Carrels on floors 5 and 6 do not require a key and are open
- Roughly 20 available
Brown Wing carrels
- Located on the 2nd through 5th floor in the Brown Wing
- Do not require a key
- No time limit
- Roughly 100 available