Print & Scan
A $7.50 printing credit is added to active Cougar Cards at the start of every semester.
The account is charged for every side of a page that is printed.
- Black-and-white printing: 1.5 cents per side
- Color printing: 10 cents per side
After all print credit is used, additional printing is charged to Cougar Card ShastaBUCKS accounts.
- Your printing balance must be exactly $0.00 to charge to Cougar Card
- Add funds to your ShastaBUCKS account with AccessUH
The $7.50 printing credit can only be used for printing and copying. Printing credits do not roll over into the next semester.
Printing with a new Cougar Card
Newly issued Cougar Cards (including replacement cards) may show incorrect print balances if not properly connected to your CougarNet account. In order to establish a connection between your CougarNet account and your Cougar Card, users are required to visit the library, send a print job, and successfully release the job to a library printer. If problems persist, please contact the Cougar Card office.
How to print in the library
You will need your Cougar Card to print in the library.
1. Send your document to a printer
All library computers are set-up to print in the library.
When selecting a printer to print from:
- Select “LIBRARY PRINTER”
2. Release the print job
Locate any printing station after sending your document to print.
- You can release your job from any print station in the library
- Black-and-white jobs can be released at black-and-white or color stations
- Color jobs can only be released at color stations
After locating a printing station:
- Enter your CougarNet username and password (you must do this step first)
- Swipe your Cougar Card when asked
- A list of your pending print jobs will appear, along with your remaining printing credit balance
- Select the job(s) that you want to print, and select “Print”
- Please remain at the printer until all your jobs have completed
If there is a problem while printing (paper jams, out of toner, etc.), our staff are able to reprint your job for you, without any extra charge to your account.
If printing with a new Cougar Card please see read this before seeking assistance.
We will not reprint or give refunds to user errors (wrong page printed, etc.).
Still have questions? Contact us or visit any service desk for help.
The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted materials.
Libraries and archives are authorized to create a photocopy or other reproduction. Under the conditions of the law, the photocopy or reproduction is not to be “used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research.” If you make a request or later use a photocopy or reproduction for purposes beyond “fair use,” you may be liable for copyright infringement.
We reserve the right to accept a copy request if we judge that the request would involve violation of copyright law.