3D design and printing services are available to all UH students, faculty, and staff for university-related projects, programs, or functions.
Objects we 3D print
Objects we typically 3D print include:
- anatomical models
- historical artifacts
- chemical structures
We are not able to print any 3D object files you have designed yourself.
Other 3D printing services on campus
Request a 3D print
The steps for requesting a 3D print are:
- You submit a request online
- We schedule a design meeting with you
- After the meeting, we will provide a quote for the cost
- We will print your object
- When it is ready, you pick-up your object
Design and printing processes may take up to 2 to 3 weeks.
A selection of pre-designed objects are listed on the SHAPES website from Texas Tech University.
To request one of these objects, please indicate by selecting “pre-designed object” on the request form.
To get started, please complete the Request a 3D Print form.
There is a charge for print time and materials.
Cost structure for 3D prints
- $5 flat fee per print
- $3 per cubic inch of model material used
- $5 per cubic inch of support material used
- Credit card (Visa/Mastercard/Discover)
- Departmental purchasing vouchers (faculty and staff only)
About our printer
All objects are printed using our Stratasys uPrint SE+ 3D printers. See the Stratasys website for more information.
Objects are printed in ABS Plus thermoplastic.
- Fully opaque and available in 6 colors
- Heat Deflection Temp – IZOD Impact, notched – 106 J/m
- Impact Toughness – IZOD Impact, notched – 106 J/m
- Tensile Strength, Yield – 31MPa
Terms and conditions
- We have the right to deny any request for 3D printed objects
- All 3D designs produced via SHAPES or through this service are the intellectual property of the University of Houston Libraries or our partner institutions